“Knowing this first, that there shall come IN THE LAST DAYS SCOFFERS (capitals mine), walking after their own lusts, And saying Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep (died), all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. For this they WILLINGLY (capitals mine) are ignorant of, that by the Word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water. Whereby the world that was then was, being overflowed with water (days of Noah), perished:”
2 Peter 3:3-6
Jesus told us directly what we must all believe regarding the Last Days. We WILL see the signs He told us we WILL see! Do not scoff at Jesus!
“So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. Verily I say unto you, THIS GENERATION SHALL NOT PASS, TILL ALL THESE THINGS BE FULFILLED (capitals mine).”
When Jesus was asked by His disciples on the Mount of Olives what would be the signs of those things happening in the Last Days and when would it all happen, He responded with a whole litany of various events that would not only happen in the future but things that would also intensify and accelerate the closer the world got to the fulfillment of God’s Prophecies. When you put those prophecies, along with the many others found throughout the Bible, you can rest assured that He wants us to know what is soon coming so we can be fully prepared.
“For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail (labor) upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. But ye, brethren are not in darkness (meaning, “You have been foretold”), that that day should overtake (surprise) you as a thief.”
1 Thessalonians 5:3-4
But in order to be prepared, you must first understand and believe what He told His disciples was true. This means knowing what He said and putting it in context with what is so readily apparent in the world today. Just one example, the rebirth of the Nation of Israel IN THE LAST DAYS was foretold 2,600 years ago. It was so apparent in the Bible that for the End Time prophecies to begin, the Jews must first be back in their land. I have several books in my collection of prophecy books written in the 1800’s that directly contradict what the Bible clearly says. Instead, because the idea the Jews after 2,000 years could ever return and recreate their own nation again in the land of Israel, was instead the premise for teaching Replacement Theology. Many mainstream churches to this day still preach that even though God made an eternal Covenant with Abraham and the Jewish people, He must have broken His Word when the Jews killed Jesus on the cross (actually, the Romans were the ones who crucified Jesus with the support of the Jewish leaders). Replacement Theology teaches God then “re-assigned” His Blessing upon the Church, instead of the Jews. But that is NOT what the Bible says.
“Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.”
God NEVER lies! On May 14, 1948 He brought the Jews back to their God Promised land of Israel and they declared their independence after being dispersed throughout the four corners of the world since the Romans defeated them in 70 A.D. No people in the history of the world have EVER done this except for God’s chosen people. Now, if I had been alive in 69 A.D. when the Jews were still in Israel and I wrote that the time was soon coming where the Jews would be taken into captivity by the Romans and scattered throughout the world, and then 2,000 years later they would regather and form the Nation of Israel, which according to what Jesus said, would herald in the Last Days, would you have believed me? Remember, I didn’t make this up. It was written in the Book of Isaiah which was written in the 8th Century B.C., 800 years before the Jews were dispersed and 2,800 years before they returned. God will always tell us BEFORE He does something what He WILL do!
“Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.”
Most Bible scholars who have studied Bible prophecies regarding the End Times agree the Bible is approximately one third prophetic. Obviously, if God included all these prophecies in His Holy Word, He wanted us to know what was coming so we would be ready. Jesus told us we would hear in the Last Days about “…wars and rumors of wars” and “famine, pestilence and earthquakes in diverse places.” He also told us about the many lies and deceptions that will be precursors of the End Times. But you know what so many people today still say?
“Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep (died), all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.”
2 Peter 3:3-4
Incredibly, the Bible even tells us IN THE LAST DAYS scoffers (unbelievers) will question the original prophecies in the Bible by saying, in essence, these things have always been with us, since the beginning of time. What makes you think we are now in the last days? Well, I went through my articles written since I began this blog back in January 2017 to collect a list of the various prophecies we have been told will yet happen in these Last Days. Yes, I happen to believe, as Jesus said, the generation that sees all these things occur will not pass away until all the prophecies come true. When you consider the Nation of Israel declared their Independence on May 14, 1948, something believed impossible for almost 2,000 years, I believe we can easily assume the generation that saw that happen would not totally pass away until ALL the prophecies occur. While I do not believe in date setting, I also am aware of so many of the events below coming true today.
So, what does the Bible prophesy about what will happen in these Last Days? I have listed below 50 Bible prophecies and linked my articles written to explain what they mean for us as we see their fulfillment:
1. There will be unprecedented warfare The Bible says Violence WILL Abound in the Last Days!
2. Nation against nation and kingdom against kingdom “Kingdom vs. Kingdom” in the Last Days
3. War of Psalm 83, where Israel will defeat the armies of the nations that surround her The War of Psalm 83
4. Worldwide Famines Jesus DID say we would have “…famines & pestilences.”
5. Global Pestilences which may make Covid-19 look mild REPOST – Diseases ARE Increasing (just as the Bible Prophesied for the Last Days!
6. Increasing lawlessness, means no peace or safety The Bible says Violence WILL Abound in the Last Days!
7. Many major Earthquakes all over the earth Jesus DID say we would have “…earthquakes”
8. Knowledge will increase Technologies recently invented were actually prophesied thousands of years ago!
9. Travel will increase Jesus’s BEST Prophecies? The Olivet Discourse!
10. Deception and lies One of Satan’s GREAT Deceptions!
11. Critical times that are hard to deal with Political Correctness and Bible Prophecy
12. Inordinate love of money Political Correctness and Bible Prophecy
13. Disobedience to parents Political Correctness and Bible Prophecy
14. A lack of natural affection Political Correctness and Bible Prophecy
15. Loving pleasures rather than God Political Correctness and Bible Prophecy
16. A lack of self control Political Correctness and Bible Prophecy
17. People will no longer exhibit love or goodness Political Correctness and Bible Prophecy
18. People will not pay attention or notice the impending danger Do we really have anything to fear?
19. Scoffers/unbelievers will question the Bible prophecies proof of the last days It is your choice where you will spend Eternity?
20. The Tribulation, the worst 7 years in human history The Tribulation and Rapture – What is coming will be both Bad and Good!
21. The ability to Globally preach God’s Kingdom The World Wide Spread of the Gospel is another Sign of the Last Days
22. Mark of the Beast Is the iPhone or Android the “Mark of the Beast”?
23. Army of 200 million from the East invading Israel 200 Million Soldiers from the East are NOT going on Vacation to Israel!
24. 144,000 Jewish Evangelicals Where did the 144,000 come from and what are they doing here?
25. 2 Witnesses of God performing miracles What happens when these 2 guys come knocking on your door?
26. The whole world will witness the dead bodies laying in the streets of Jerusalem and then rising from dead Have you ever wondered who will kill the anti-christ?
27. The world will witness and then celebrate the deaths of the two witnesses Have you ever wondered who will kill the anti-christ?
28. War of Gog and Magog Why would Russia, Turkey and Iran Invade Israel TODAY?
29. It will take Israel exactly 7 months to bury the dead of the war The War of Gog and Magog
30. It will take exactly 7 years to burn the implements of war The War of Gog and Magog
31. The total Destruction of Damascus The Destruction of Damascus Revisited
32. A final Peace Covenant confirmed by anti-christ between Israel and others BREAKING NEWS – the Anti-Christ is ID’d!!
33. The long awaited Building of the 3rd Jewish Temple 3rd Time’s the Charm! – Rebuilding the Jewish Temple
34. The Abomination of Desolation What is the Abomination of Desolation in Biblical Prophecy?
35. The Jews in Judea/Northern Israel will flee to mountains at the unveiling of the anti-christ where they will be protected by God What Does the Bible Say will Happen at the End of 3 1/2 Years?
36. The Rapture of Believers BEFORE the Tribulation begins REVIEW: The Rapture – God’s Promise,
37. Persecution of Christians because of their Faith in Jesus Christian Persecution
38. Believers during the Tribulation will be beheaded for their refusal to worship the anti-christ Numbers Don’t Lie and Neither Does the Bible!, Will there EVER be a “Heaven on Earth”?
39. Falling away of the Church Have You Ever Attended a Laodicean Church? Hopefully, you never will!!
40. Creation of a One world religion And, you thought Satan and the anti-christ were bad…
41. Creation of a One world government Is the False Prophet TODAY Preparing the World for the Anti-Christ?
42. Global Climate change “Climate change” – Man-made or punishment from God?
43. Armageddon, Satan’s battle against the Return of Jesus What happens AFTER Armageddon?, What Does the Bible Say will Happen at the End of 3 1/2 Years?
44. Anti-christ and false prophet will be throne into hell forever at Jesus’s Return What happens AFTER Armageddon?
45. Second Coming of Jesus Christ Can we KNOW the time of Christ’s Second Coming?
46. 1,000 year Millennium reign of Jesus on earth Amillennialism – Do you Believe in God’s Holy Word or a few church’s False Teachings?
47. Raptured and resurrected Saints will reign with Jesus on earth during the Millennium Who Did Jesus Say You Should Have Voted For?
48. Satan’s Last stance Satan ain’t all that smart!
49. Great White Throne judgement of unbelievers At which Seat or Throne will you be Rewarded or Judged?
50. Eternity How Does the Bible Describe Heaven?, What awaits us for Eternity?
As I said at the beginning, the Bible is filled with prophecies we should watch for and recognize as we come ever closer to the total fulfillment of God’s Promises. Fifty is just an arbitrary number I listed to begin to help you recognize not only the prophecies given to us but the specifics of those prophecies. I mean things like it will take exactly 7 months to bury those foreign invaders who die in the War of Gog and Magog. It will take exactly seven years to burn their weapons. There will be an army of 200 million men from the east (China?) who will not only be part of the Battle of Armageddon but will kill one third of all mankind in their trek to Israel. There will be a war between Israel and those countries close on her borders and little Israel will defeat them. The rebuilding of the 3rd Holy Jewish Temple. 144,000 JEWISH evangelicals that will preach the Word of God to the entire world. The City of Damascus, the oldest continuously lived in city in the world, will be totally destroyed never to be occupied again. The list goes on and on. Not only are we given the prophecies but we are given the specifics by which to judge their accuracy! IF you have not accepted Jesus Christ yet as your Lord and Savior, I would suggest if you miss the Rapture of the Believers, you read one other post I have written which will more clearly tell you what you have to look forward to. It is Did Millions of People Just Disappear? You Better Read This NOW!
“He that sitteth in the heavens (God) shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision (Dictionary – contemptuous ridicule or mockery). Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.”
I have a favor of you. We are getting very close to so many of these prophecies affecting our friends and families who may not know His Word, Promises and Warnings. If you are a Believer and are like me, you are not afraid of those things happening. Rather you are aware of them and look forward to the ultimate fulfillment of God’s Promises. It is our obligation from Jesus Himself to “…therefore comfort one another with these words.” Pass this on to as many people as you can to help them come to know and believe in Jesus Christ and His Gift of Salvation as they are made aware and see these things occurring in THIS generation. Things are happening so fast, I doubt I will ever be able to write on the next 50 things to be watching for although with His help, I will continue to put His Promises out there to strengthen our faith in Him and give us peace. As we were told by Jesus in John 14:27, “Fear not. Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.”
May God Bless you as we witness all of these things coming to pass!!