“The Pharisees also with the Sadducees (both groups of Jewish leaders) came, and tempting desired him (Jesus) that he would shew them a sign from heaven. He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red. And in the morning, It will be foul weather today: for the sky is red and lowering. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but CAN YE NOT DISCERN THE SIGNS OF THE TIMES (capitals mine)?”
As we near the end of 2020, I believe most of us would absolutely agree this has been perhaps the worst year in our lifetime. I say this regardless of whether you are 80 years old or 20 years old. Times have been really tough this year for a myriad number of reasons which I will discuss in a bit. For those of us who closely follow Bible prophecy as Believers in Jesus Christ, I honestly believe we are not surprised at all that we are seeing so many of His prophecies now converging with increasing frequency and intensity. They are all happening at the same time! As Jesus said above in Matthew 16, we would be “hypocrites” if we can tell the day’s weather based upon the color of the sky in the morning or at night but are unaware of the many things happening today which He Himself in the Bible said we would see leading up to the Last Days.
“And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them. But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified; for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by. Then he said unto them (regarding the Last Days), Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences, and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven. But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name’s sake.”
These words of Jesus Himself are remarkable. When asked by the disciples when the end would come, He clearly said “…be not deceived.” Obviously, for almost two thousand years many have attempted to say the End was near. But note, He also said wars and rumours of wars will still happen “…but the end is not by and by.” In other words, for two thousand years we have had many wars, primarily local and/or tribal in nature. The end did not come. BUT “Then he said unto them” something will change! Wars would be much larger, now instead we would see “…nations against nations and kingdoms against kingdoms.” This prophecy was obviously put into place with World War I and World War II. For the first time in world history there were major wars fought on a global basis. He then went on to say there would be many other signs to be watching for. Why?
“So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled”
Because He wanted those of us living in the Last Days to know precisely what was coming so we would be prepared. Would you like to hear one of the clearest, most accurate prophecies about what we would see in the Last Days? One that by itself proves the accuracy of God’s Word because it is being fulfilled as we speak (or write)? You only need to read 2 Peter 3:3-4:
“Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep (died), all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.”
Apparently, like the Pharisees and Sadducees above, the “scoffers” are trying to fool us into believing nothing has changed in thousands of years! As I write this I am acutely aware many will scoff and say “We have always had these things. “Where is the promise of his coming?” This prophecy just got fulfilled! So, from Jesus Himself we have been told to be watchful because the generation that sees ALL these things happening would “…not pass, till all be fulfilled.” If all the things He said would be signs of what will happen in the Last Days, what have we seen (so far) in 2020? Maybe a better question is “What have we NOT seen occurring that He told us to be watchful for?” Over the past few weeks I have made a list of events which I believe will someday be the footnotes to the year 2020. Whether He comes today, next week, next month or in the years ahead, I believe we will be able to look back at 2020 (if He hasn’t come by then) and recognize it as THE year where so many of His prophecies have been fulfilled.
- Covid-19 – a unique worldwide pandemic which has not only afflicted millions of people but has caused over one million, two hundred and fifty thousand deaths. Perhaps just as devastating is the damage it has also done to the global economy and which has also been responsible for so many more countless deaths through drug addiction, suicide and alcoholism due to the depression of being locked down, losing jobs, etc.
- Travel & Knowledge – “But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of end: many shall run to and fro, AND KNOWLEDGE SHALL BE INCREASED (capitals mine).” – Daniel 12:4. Think about this. Over 2,600 years ago when God gave Daniel the prophecies of the End Times, He told him basically to “seal” up his book until the “…time of the end” because it was irrelevant to man until His time was ready. How could Covid-19 spread so rapidly around the world until it was possible for man to travel quickly around the world. This became readily apparent at the end of World War I when soldiers fighting all over the world came home and spread the Swine Flu around the globe. It took the knowledge and ability to travel to and fro to fight a global war. By shutting down air travel in 2020 between the USA and China and Europe it is estimated 2 million+ lives were saved in the USA.
- Economy – many stores, salons, restaurants, etc. will no longer accept cash because of the fear the virus may be carried on the money. Even credit cards by many must be the kind where you “swipe” the card in order to pay. Could Covid-19 set the stage for a crypto currency and eventually the Mark of the Beast without which you “…will not be able to buy or sell?” It is happening as we speak! People are becoming acclimated to the necessity of using something other than cash.
- Hurricanes – as of the writing of this article, the Atlantic has tied the all-time record for named hurricanes in a single year at 28. And, we still have almost a full month left in this hurricane season. No question fearful sights like tornadoes and signs (asteroids) in the heavens are happening today on an increasing level.
- Earthquakes – OK, scoffers will say we only have more earthquakes because we now have the ability through science to know when they occur. Kinda sounds like “…knowledge will increase” doesn’t it? The fact is, earthquakes are increasing in number and intensity. Just two days ago Massachusetts was hit by an earthquake! If that is not “…in diverse places”, I don’t know what is!
- Fires – California and Colorado have seen record fires that have totally destroyed hundreds of thousands of acres of land, more than in any previous year in their history. And like hurricanes, they are not yet done with their wildfire season.
- Locusts – In east Africa and the Middle East there have been swarms of locusts that have destroyed many, many square miles of farmland which many have said will cause widespread famines in the area. One report said the loss of crops could negatively affect over 50 million people. Just in Kenya they have seen the worst swarm of locusts they have had in over 70 years (hmmm!)
- Famines – Due to Covid-19, the locusts, droughts, political instability, wars, etc. it is likely 2020 will see many more people affected by the lack of food. CNN has reported the corona virus alone may push up to 130 million people to the brink of starvation.
- Killer Bees – While killer bees today are primarily in China, Korea and Japan and kill only approximately 50 people a year with their sting, the bigger issue is they primarily kill honey bees which are vital to plant and food pollination. Recently a hive of killer bees was found in the State of Washington and successfully removed but should they take root in the US and other countries, our crops will be dramatically affected causing even more famine.
- Drought – Because of a strong La Nina formation in the Pacific, 2020 will go down on record as one of the worst droughts in the US which obviously will negatively affect containment of wildfires but will also dramatically affect the Central California farmland where much of American food is grown. This will expectedly cause even more of a reason for “famines” in the USA and elsewhere.
- Political animosity – Not just in the United States but throughout the world (including Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chili, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Hong King, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Iran, Japan, the Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Kenya, Nigeria, Scotland, Senegal, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and more) there have been many days or rioting in the street with people very upset about various issues affecting their everyday lives. They are protesting against the government lockdowns. They are protesting our/their political systems! Interestingly, but pertinent to this discussion, there have been calls by the UN and WHO to create a one world government to wage war against Covid-19. How about a one world government to end all the turmoil in the streets? Improbable or possible?
- Education – We know Supreme Court rulings in our lifetime have removed the Holy Bible and prayer from schools. At the same time there is a movement TODAY to change American history from 1776 to 1619 (when the first slaves arrived in America); to tear down statues of leaders like Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, et.al. WHILE allowing and teaching the basics of religions like Islam. Today our children are being deceived! And, with virtual classrooms because of Covid-19, many children are simply not learning as this form of education has been proven to be “virtually” useless.
- Abortion – especially on demand, even up to the moment of birth, was at the forefront of President Trump’s recent nominee Amy Comey Barrett to the Supreme Court because of her previously stated personal pro-life stance. A challenge to Roe vs. Wade will probably be soon heard by the SCOTUS and may be changed or overthrown as a result. Even if it is or substantially restricted, the fact remains America is responsible for the murder of 60+ million babies since Roe Vs. Wade was decided in 1973. Because our State Department has also promoted abortion on demand in many other countries, the world has now de-humanized an unborn child and unless we repent, God’s Wrath will be swift and JUST!
- Euthanasia – Believe it or not, there are 8 states in the USA (Oregon, Hawaii, New Jersey, Colorado, California, Vermont, Montana, and Washington) that now legally and medically support a person wishing to commit suicide. While anyone going through end of life sickness is terrible, the Bible is clear, “Thou shalt not kill”. Yet, throughout the country there is a liberal movement to allow it (look at the states listed above). But, what happens when a doctor or government official decides against your wishes it will cost too much to keep you alive? If you are interested to get a Christian doctor’s perspective on this, I heartily suggest reading Mortal Conspiracy by Noel C. Scidmore, M.D. While it is a fiction, it clearly describes a future world where officials and insurance companies will decide on who lives and who dies. The more immoral America becomes the more “normal” euthanasia will be accepted.
- Homosexual marriage & transgender “equality” – I was shocked a few weeks ago to hear Pope Francis recently endorsed gay marriage. This is the leader of the Catholic Church!. Obviously, he is not aware this is referred to in the Bible as a sin, an abomination to God. If for some reason, he is not aware he should read Leviticus 18:22, “Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: is is abomination.” And unfortunately, because of the decline in people studying the Bible and going to church, 70+% of Americans now support “gay rights”.
- Religious apostasy/Laodicean Church – I previously wrote about the last church of the church age in Have You Ever Attended a Laodicean Church? Hopefully, you never will!! Basically, John in the Book of Revelation was given a vision of the Christian church age which would end during the Laodicean church with the Rapture (Rev. 4:1) and it is not mentioned again until after Jesus Returns. For the most part, today’s Christian Church is NOT teaching the basic tenants of the Bible as Gods Holy Word. Rather they tend to be lukewarm and fuzzy. Churches MUST tell their congregations what is soon coming.
- Christian and Jewish persecution – One only has to look at society today to realize Christians are facing so many of the travesties the Jews have experienced for thousands of years. No longer is prayer in public allowed in so many places but the discrimination on social media sites, in the work place, in education, etc. is so hard to believe. Because of Covid-19, churches were forced to close while protests and demonstrations, abortion clinics, bars, etc. were allowed to stay open. The Bible is clear. We will be persecuted in the Last Days and this is just further proof we are living in the Last Days today!
- Deceit – Big tech censoring the political story on Biden family ties to China, Russia, Ukraine, etc. is only one way they are influencing our people. Politicians on both sides of the aisle have been lying to us for years and have gotten away with it. Furthermore, the main street media has failed in so many cases to tell us the truth even though it is well known in order to placate their supporters. I found it interesting during the impeachment “trial” of President Trump how many politicians and deep state bureaucrats were called on to testify under oath in front of Congress and then said exactly the opposite when asked the same questions on main street media. Unfortunately, so far none of them have been held accountable.
- One world government – The UN Nations, recently called for a one world government to combat Covid-19. This is also called globalism versus nationalism. Politically, there are many Democrats and some Republicans who feel the world would be better if there was a one government solution. Of course they assume it would be modeled after the U.S. when it will in fact be more like China, Russia, Venezuela, etc. The Book of Revelation teaches us the one world government of the anti-christ for 3 1/2 years will not end well.
- One world religion – The current Pope has met with world leaders of Islam, Buddhism, et.al. calling for a coming together of equal religions. Sorry, but there are way too many disparities between what the Bible teaches and what other religions teach. Whereas Christian prophecies which have been fulfilled point to the 100% accuracy of the Bible, other religions instead are false. But, the False Prophet will oversee a one world religion after the Rapture of the Christian Church and will persecute those who do not worship the anti-christ.
- Mark of the Beast – Contact tracing, Irish Passport and ID2020. I am amazed since the outbreak of Covid-19 how many people appear to be susceptible to taking a vaccine and also taking a mark that will verify their immunity. While I am not saying this is the Mark of the Beast it sure is conditioning the population of the world to accept a “mark” which will allow them to “buy or sell”
- BLM & Antifa Riots & looting – I am sure we are all dismayed at the incredible amount of evil on our streets. The rioting, the lawlessness, etc. mostly supported and financed by the BLM movement, a front for a Marxist organization looking to fundamentally change the USA into a socialist/communistic government similar to what Russia used to look like. They can’t accomplish through a democratic strategy but only by creating so much chaos people will eventually cry for help to stop it.
- Alignment of Russia, Turkey and Iran setting up the War of Gog and Magog. Personally, besides the Rapture, I believe this may be one of the most significant prophetic events which could occur at any moment. All the players are in place and they could invade Israel today and be totally defeated! Read Why would Russia, Turkey and Iran Invade Israel TODAY? for more information. Please be aware! When you see this occur, read Ezekiel 38 & 39 and know Bible prophecy has been fulfilled!
- Various “Peace Accords” between Israel and her Arab neighbors, perhaps setting up THE confirmation of the Abrahamic Covenant between the anti-christ, Israel and “many”. Recent reports say as many as 10 more countries in the Middle East may align with Israel along with Egypt, Jordan, Bahrain, UAE, Sudan, Serbia and Kosovo. This could create the “false” sense of peace and security mentioned in Ezekiel just before the War of Gog and Magog.
I am sure I missed a number of items of concerns for people all over the world today but my point in discussing this is even though we have had so many of these events in the past, 2020 looks to be THE year when all of them are coming together at the same time with increasing frequency and intensity. As we have been told, the Last Days will come on us like a woman in labor. The pains start slow and far apart but the closer the child comes to being born, the more intense the pains are and much closer together. I believe 2020 may be looked upon in the future as “the good old days” simply because the 7 year Tribulation for those not Raptured by Jesus will be far worse than anything we have seen this year. But you know what? It’s not too late!
“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn away from their wicked ways; then I will hear from Heaven, and will forgive their sin, AND WILL HEAL THEIR LAND (capitals mine).”
2 Chronicles 7:14
Whether a global repentance is possible today, the fact remains the Bible has told us what to expect in the Last Days. Could the End be “postponed”? Of course! Will it? Only God knows the answer to that but we must all be prepared for what we have been told. We can simply do this by accepting Jesus Christ’s Promise of Eternal life in Heaven with Him if we simply acknowledge our sins, repent of them and ask Jesus for forgiveness of those sins. This can only be accomplished by accepting Jesus Christ as YOUR Lord and Savior. If you do this, remember He has also told us to “…therefore comfort one another with these words.” Tell others of His Plan for our future if we accept His Pardon. 2020 IS NOT the “good old days”. Our future in Heaven with Jesus are the “great days coming”!
May God Bless you as we live through these perilous times!