“And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a KING OF FIERCE COUNTENANCE (capitals mine), and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up. And his POWER SHALL BE MIGHTY (capitals mine), but not by his own power (meaning Satan will give him his supernatural wisdom and powers): and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall PROSPER (capitals mine), and practice, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people. And through HIS POLICY ALSO HE SHALL CAUSE CRAFT TO PROSPER (capitals mine) in his hand, and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by PEACE (capitals mine) shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes (Jesus); but he shall be broken without hand.”
Let’s be totally honest! Many people like Donald Trump. Many people dislike Donald Trump. Many people liked Barack Obama. Many people disliked Barack Obama. The one thing I believe we can all agree upon however, regardless of our political affiliation, is that Conservatives tend to vote Republican and Liberals tend to vote Democratic. In fact, I cannot think of a single U.S. Presidential candidate who has ever been able to draw the vast majority of both political parties to vote for him (for simplicity sake and without gender bias, I will refer to this coming world leader as a man because the Bible refers to him as a man). BUT, that political division will soon change according to Bible prophecy! The entire world will get behind ONE leader
We are told in the Last Days an individual will rise to power IN PEACE, not by war. This means the governments of the world for a short time period will get behind him. He will institute a one world government, a one world religion, and a one world economic system. If you think about this for a moment, what issues throughout history have caused the vast majority of conflicts between peoples, nations and kingdoms? Governmental power, religion, and economies! He will finally be identified as THE global leader when he confirms the 7 year “peace agreement” between the Jews in Israel and the Arab world. This final agreement will be seen as the long awaited solution to the issue of the now 70+ year Jewish/Arab territorial conflict. It will also finally allow for the rebuilding of the 3rd Holy Jewish Temple ON the Temple Mount in Jerusalem.
“And he (the anti-christ) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week (7 years): and in the midst of the week (3 1/2 years or 42 months) he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.”
When this was written in the 6th century B.C., the 2nd Temple had not yet even been built (the 2nd Temple was built in approximately 516 B.C. and was later destroyed by the Romans in 70 A.D.) Today, even though the Jews yearn for the rebuilding of their Holy Temple and the resumption of animal sacrifices for the redemption of their sins, there is not yet a 3rd Temple in existence. Due to their religious tradition, when it is eventually rebuilt, it can only be rebuilt on the exact site of their previous two Temples, i.e., the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. Interestingly, in Revelation 11:1-2, John in the Book of Revelation is told about the Last Days and is instructed to not only “…measure the Temple of God, and the altar” but to “…leave out” the area outside “…and measure it not for it is given unto the Gentiles” for 42 months/ 3 1/2 years. In other words, there is enough space today on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem for the soon to be rebuilt 3rd Jewish Temple without demolishing the two existing holy Muslim mosques (Dome of the Rock and Al Aqsa Mosque). Obviously, the “peace agreement” will allow the Jews and Palestinians to “share” the space on the Temple Mount. Only a very gifted leader could get BOTH parties (Jews and Muslims) to agree to a binding covenant for this to happen and for all the politicians of the world to agree. Yes, I believe Conservatives and Liberals will both vote for this leader if he finally brings peace to Israel!
Throughout the Bible there are a number of references to the anti-christ, this coming world leader. There are enough hints given to us so if we were not oblivious to his actions, we would easily recognize him for who he truly is. Unfortunately for the unknowing, he will be very persuasive in his plans and actions!
“For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be. And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect’s sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days. And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ (actually, the anti-christ); or, lo, he is there; BELIEVE HIM NOT (capitals mine): For false Christs and false prophets shall rise and SHEW SIGNS AND WONDERS (capitals mine), to seduce, if it were possible EVEN THE ELECT (capitals mine). But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.”
God, in the Holy Bible, not only warns us about the anti-christ’s coming and his confirming a “peace agreement” but also told us NOT to believe he is Christ simply because he shows mighty “…signs and wonders”. He foretold us! The anti-christ, along with his false prophet and his followers will be persuasive in their deception that the anti-christ is, in fact, the Promised coming Savior of the world. But don’t believe it! When Jesus Christ does Return, there will be no doubt who He is!
“And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness, he doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew but he himself. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.” “And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.”
Revelation 19:11-13, 16
We will not have to be told “…here is Christ” or “…he is there”. EVERY eye on earth shall see him descend from Heaven! “Behold, he cometh with clouds: AND EVERY EYE SHALL SEE HIM (capitals mine), and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.” – Revelation 1:7
So, what else does the Bible tell us about the anti-christ, the coming world leader who will one day gather his armies at Armageddon and attempt to defeat Jesus Christ at His Return?
- The anti-christ will apparently come out of the ancient kingdom that defeated the Jews in 70 A.D. and dispersed them throughout the four corners of the world until the beginning of their return to Israel in the 20th century. That is, he will come out of the former Roman Empire, i.e., Europe. “…and the people of the prince (anti-christ) that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary (Temple).” Daniel 9:26. The Bible says the Antichrist will come from among the people who destroyed the 2nd Temple (the 1st had already been destroyed), the Romans.
- The anti-christ will be very persuasive, enough to get Jews and Arabs alike to agree with his “peace agreement”. “Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders. And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of truth, THAT THEY MIGHT BE SAVED (capitals mine).” 2 Thessalonians 2:9-10.
- Besides getting the Jews and Arabs to “sign off” with his “peace agreement”, the entire world will be subjugated to his plans for world domination. Once the false prophet initiates the Mark of the Beast (the Mark of the anti-christ) no one will be able to buy or sell anything without first taking the mark and agreeing to worship him. “And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he had the mark, or the name of the beast (anti-christ), or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six (666).” Revelation 13:16-18. As I have stated bluntly before, the Bible is clear! Anyone who takes the Mark of the Beast will be required to worship the anti-christ and will be damned for eternity. Don’t do it!
- The anti-christ will be very boastful, arrogant and proud. If you were to listen to him, he can do NO wrong. Why? Because he will present himself as God! “And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god and shall speak marvelous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done. “ Daniel 11:36. “…and, behold in this horn (anti-christ) were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.” Daniel 7:8.
- He will be in control of the entire world. “And it was given unto him to make war with the saints (Christians), and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.” Revelation 13:7.
- He will worship “fortresses”, institutions which some believe may be connected to his incredible military power. This strength has never existed in human history, a global military machine! “Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women (a few have interpreted this to suggest he will be single or a homosexual), nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all. But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and precious things..” Daniel 11:37-38.
- What will the anti-christ do with this power? He will persecute Christians and Jews. “And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given unto him over all kindreds, and tongues and nations.” Revelation 13:7. So great is his arrogance, he will even attempt to defeat Jesus Christ at His Return. “And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practice, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people. And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes (Jesus); but he shall be broken without hand.” Daniel 8:24-25.
- Finally, in an impersonation of the Holy Trinity (God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit), Satan, the anti-christ and the false prophet will allow the anti-christ to apparently be killed and then brought back from the dead miraculously. “And he (the false prophet) exerciseth all the power of the first beast (anti-christ) before him, and causeth the earth and them that dwell therein to worship the first beast (the anti-christ) whose deadly wound was healed.” Revelation 13:12. “And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he (the false prophet) had power to do in the sight of the beast (the anti-christ); saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, AND DID LIVE (capitals mine).” Revelation 13:14
- Ultimately, how will we know a man is truly the anti-christ? After all, there have been many who have tried throughout history to gain world domination and yet-to-date, no one has. The Bible is very clear in many area that in the Last Days a man will rise and will take over the world. We will finally know the true identity of the anti-christ at the Abomination of Desolation. This is that event which will occur 3 1/2 months into the 7 year Tribulation which starts with the signing of the “peace agreement” between the Jews and the Palestinians. “Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition. Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God (3rd Jewish Temple), shewing himself that he is God..” 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4. When the anti-christ enters the finally rebuilt 3rd Jewish Temple in Jerusalem and proclaims he is God, and demands to be worshipped as God, we will once and for all be certain, this is the guy the Bible warned us about!
- Jesus personally told us the generation which saw all these things happen WILL NOT pass before His Glorious Return. “Now learn a parable of the fig tree (Israel); When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.” Matthew 24:32-35. Why is this important to all who remain on the earth (Believers will have already been Raptured prior to the beginning of the Tribulation)? Many will come to Faith in Jesus Christ during the Tribulation after the evangelistic movement by those who later recognize the Truth. “And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.” Romans 13:11. Those remaining MUST have faith in the accuracy of God’s Word in order to be saved.
- When Christ Returns at Armageddon to establish His 1,000 year Millennium Righteous Reign on earth, He will first defeat the anti-christ and throw him and the false prophet into hell for eternity. Satan will be bound for 1,000 years and will be “…loosed” for a short time before the Great White Throne Judgement. “And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.” Revelation 19:20.
The Bible again has given us prophecies regarding the Last Days so we may be aware of what is coming. The Truth and accuracy of these prophecies should be enough to comfort all. We know what is coming and more importantly, we know what we must do to escape the evilness of the anti-christ and false prophet. What is that? We must faithfully accept Jesus Christ died on the Cross for our sins, repent and ask for His forgiveness of those sins. If we do this, not only will we escape the persecution which is coming soon by being Raptured (remember, God told us in Revelation 3:10), “Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I ALSO WILL KEEP THEE FROM THE HOUR OF TEMPTATION, WHICH SHALL COME UPON ALL THE WORLD, TO TRY THEM THAT DWELL UPON THE EARTH (capitals mine). “It is so comforting to know we have a loving Father in Heaven who has told us beforehand what will happen and how we can escape His Wrath AND Promised us He will keep us from it. If you are as comforted as I am by His solemn vow to His Believers, please follow me and do what we are ALL told to do and that is to “…therefore comfort one another with these words.” Tell your friends, family and others. Do this and we will all enjoy a special reward in Heaven.
May God Bless you!