“And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with SEVEN (capitals mine) seals. And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to LOOSE (capitals mine) the seals thereof?”
Throughout the entire Bible, the number seven is always associated with God’s perfection and completeness. After spending 6 days in the very beginning to Create the world: night and day: water and land; every living creature; and, eventually mankind in His image, God rested on the seventh day. He had completed His task in those 6 days and after proclaiming what He had created, He said, “And God saw every thing he had made, and behold, it was very good.” – Genesis 1:31. What He had created was very, very good! Unfortunately, it wasn’t until Satan entered the Garden of Eden and convinced Adam and Eve to disobey God’s ONLY Commandment that evil then became part of our history.
As we enter these Last Days it only makes sense for God’s final Judgement on an unbelieving world, which has elected to disobey His commandments, to be sorted out in measurements of seven, perhaps not out of perfectness (as we might envision it) but definitely out of completion. Completion as the way to finally bring about Jesus’s 1,000 year Millennial rule on the earth in a perfect, evil-absent world. Unfortunately, for those non-believers alive during the coming seven year (wow!) Tribulation period that will usher in the Rule of Christ on earth, times will be tough! Perfectness in the realm that God will send forth the Judgements EXACTLY as He foretold in the Bible!
Please understand what the Bible says about this time:
“For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.”
We have read and heard about many terrible things that have happened throughout recorded history, from world wars to devastating famines and pestilences, to earthquakes that have killed many. What we have NEVER seen or heard about are a number of coming judgements that will kill over HALF the population of the world in a mere 3 1/2 year time period (called the Great Tribulation, the last half of the Tribulation period). Today there are approximately 8 billion people living on earth. This means 4 BILLION PEOPLE WILL DIE as a result of God’s Judgement midway through the 7 year Tribulation period (which starts with the Israel Peace Agreement signed by the anti-christ) and immediately after the Abomination of Desolation (where the anti-christ goes into the newly rebuilt Holy Jewish Temple in Jerusalem and demands to be worshipped as God). Please take a moment to reflect on the severity of this.
So, who is worthy of opening the seals as asked in Revelation 5:1-2 above? And what are the Judgements coming and what do they have to do with the number 7?
“And, I wept much because no man was found worthy to open and read the book, neither to look thereon. And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold the Lion of the tribe of Judah (Jesus Christ), the root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.”
Only Jesus can open the seals to bring Judgement on the earth because he alone died for our sins!
First, the Bible refers to three groups of seven Judgements – 7 Seals, 7 Vials and 7 Trumpets. These are shown throughout the Bible but primarily as part of God’s revealing to John in the Book of Revelation.
The Seven Seals
In the first half of the 7 year Tribulation (remember, this start with the signing of the Israeli Peace Agreement brought forward by the anti-christ), those on earth (fortunately, the TRUE believers would have been Raptured BEFORE this starts) will endure/witness seven things:
- The White Horse/Cold War – Revelation 6:2
- The Red Horse/Open warfare – Revelation 6:4
- Black Horse/Famine – Revelation 6:5-6
- Ashen Horse/Death – Revelation 6:7-8 (here the Bible says 1/4 of mankind will die)
- Martyrdom for Slain Souls – Revelation 6:9-11 (these are those slain for their faith in Christ)
- Great earthquake as part of the Lamb’s Wrath – Revelation 6:12-17
- Silence in Heaven – Revelation 8:1 here, Heaven is silent in expectation of more Judgements
The Seven Trumpets
- 1st Trumpet – Hail, Fire mingled with Blood – Revelation 8:7
- 2nd Trumpet – Burning Mountain – Revelation 8:8-9
- 3rd Trumpet – Wormwood Star – Revelation 8:10-11 (wormwood can mean poison)
- 4th Trumpet – Sun is smitten – Revelation 8:12
- 5th Trumpet – Plague of Locusts – Revelation 9:1-11 (here sting will last for 5 months and people will want to die because of pain but won’t be able to)
- 6th Trumpet – Plague of Horsemen – Revelation 9:13-16 (200 million men on horses will attack from the east – China??)
- 7th Trumpet – This trumpet announces the soon to be released 7 Vials – Revelation 10:7
The Seven Vials
Just when you probably thought it couldn’t get any worse, it does! After all this devastation, the vast majority of remaining mankind still does NOT accept the forgiveness of Christ but continues to follow the anti-christ. So, more seals are opened by Christ as His Judgement on the unbelievers:
- 1st Vial – Boils – Revelation 16:2 – Terrible sores that will only afflict those that have taken the mark of the beast.
- 2nd Vial – Sea to Blood – Revelation 16:3 – This will kill all creatures in the sea
- 3rd Vial – Rivers to Blood – Revelation 16:4-6 – The followers of the anti-christ lusted after the blood of the saints and this will be their repayment
- 4th Vial – Great heat – Revelation 16:8-9 – Not global warming but God’s warning!
- 5th Vial – Darkness on the earth – Revelation 16:10-11 – This judgement is solely against the seat of power of the anti-christ and appears to only affect those living there.
- 6th Vial – Euphrates River will dry up – Revelation 16:12 – This will allow the kings of the east to join their comrades at Armageddon
- 7th Vial – Massive hail and earthquake – Revelation 16:17-20 – Hail will fall and the biggest earthquake in the history of the world, which will flatten the entire land and will precede the coming of Jesus at Armageddon.
I know there is much to digest here and I strongly suggest you read the scripture aligned with each Judgement. What is coming will be the most terrible time in recorded history but is necessary for the final separation of Believers and non-believers. God gave us a choice the same way that he gave Adam and Eve a choice in the Garden of Eden. We can obey His laws, accept Christ as our personal Savour and ask for forgiveness of our sins OR we can endure all of these things He has warned us he will bring upon this world.
Is it NOT comforting that He has given us an “out”? I am very comforted knowing that I will be Raptured before this occurs and pray that all that read this are also comforted and pass this message along so that we can all “…comfort one another with these words.”
Please Like and Share if you agree with me and the Bible.