“By the word of the Lord the heavens were made, and by the breath of His mouth all their host. He gathers the waters of the sea together as a heap; He lays up the deeps in storehouses. Let all the earth fear the Lord; Let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him. For he spoke, and it was done; He commanded and it stood fast.”
Would you like to bet me on the 100% accuracy of Bible prophecy? How about if we only count 8 prophecies regarding Jesus as the Promised Messiah and I give you odds of 10 to the 17th power to 1? In other words, if I am right, you owe me $1. IF I am wrong, I owe you $1 with 17 zeroes behind it ($100,000,000,000,000,000)? This number of 100 quadrillion is so staggering that it is considerably more than all the wealth accumulated throughout the world in all of history. Those odds are not mine but rather the estimate of both Christian and scientific studies on the likelihood that ONE single man, Jesus Christ could have been the One to fulfill only 8 prophecies regarding His first coming to earth. And yet, there are an estimated 2,500 prophecies in the Bible of which approximately 2,000 have already been fulfilled with 500 more to come.
As many have said before me, these numbers are so large they are beyond human understanding. In fact, many have also said it takes far more faith to believe the Bible IS NOT true than to believe IT IS! Webster’s Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary goes as far to state that faith is “a firm belief in something for which there is no proof”. But, God Himself instructs us to “test” the accuracy of His predictions:
“Beloved, do not believe every spirit but test the spirits to see if they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.”
1 John 4:1
If God gave us approximately 2,500 prophecies regarding the Coming of His Son Jesus Christ to save mankind; if He told us of the rise and fall of various named empires after Babylon when the Book of Daniel was written (e.g. Media-Persian, Greek and Roman); if He told us of the persuasive nature of evil in the world like wars, famines, pestilence, immorality, etc.; and, if He told us, amongst many other things, that in the Last Days He would return the Jews to Israel and make them again a nation in ONE DAY (“Who has heard such a thing? Who has seen such things. Can a land be born in one day? Can a nation be brought forth all at once?” – Isaiah 66:8) , and ALL these things happened EXACTLY as foretold thousands of years ago, how much faith must you have to believe what He told us is true versus how much faith must you have to NOT believe?
Romans 1:20 shows the contrast between Biblical faith and atheism. That verse says: “For since the creation of the world His [God’s] invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse.” In other words, God’s existence is prevalent and visible in everything we see so faith in Him is rational and easily understood but to claim it isn’t rational or visible requires one to firmly deny all that is so obvious.To be an atheist, a person must choose to completely deny the concept of biblical faith and adopt an irrational allegiance to that which has been repeatedly disproven. Perhaps the writer of Hebrews 11:6 said it best, “And without faith it is IMPOSSIBLE (capitals mine) to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.”
My sole purpose in beginning this blog back in January of 2017 was to try to inform people what the Bible says about the days we are living in, the Last Days as prophesied in the Bible. An understanding of those prophecies and an awareness of things happening today as foretold should be enough to make every living person fall down in praise of God and His promises to us. Unfortunately, a lack of knowledge of what the Bible says; a belief that all these things are coincidental or have already happened only in the past; to follow the lies and deceit of Satan (remember, when he told Eve in the garden of Eden that if she ate the forbidden fruit, surely she would not die?); or, a personal and final decision to reject completely the Word of God bodes only ill for those who do not believe.
If I may, let me revisit to remind you of yet to be fulfilled prophecies that I strongly believe, we will see in the near future. Remember, Christ himself when asked when everything would happen, said:
“…so, you too, when you see all these things, recognize that He is near, right at the door. Truly, I say to you, THIS (capitals mine) generation will not pass away until all these things take place.”
So, what are but a few of those things Christ told us would happen in the Last Days that as of this writing, have not yet occurred?
- The Rapture, or “snatching away” of the believers so they will not have to go through the horrible things soon to happen on earth – 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18
- A war against Israel led by Russia, Iran, Turkey and 3 other named countries and who will be defeated by God in ONE day – Ezekiel 38 & 39
- The total and final destruction of Damascus – Isaiah 17:1-3
- A Peace Covenant with Israel finally recognizing them by the global community as a legitimate nation (signed by a man to become known as the anti-christ and which marks the final 7 years before Christ’s return. – Daniel 9:27
- The rebuilding of the Jewish Temple on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem and the renewal of animal sacrifices. Daniel 11:31 (in order to do what the anti-christ did above, the Temple had to be rebuilt)
- An event called the Abomination of Desolation where the anti-christ will enter the rebuilt Jewish Temple and demand to be worshipped as God Matthew 24:15-16
- A one world government. – Revelation 13:5
- A one world economy including a Mark of the Beast for which you will neither be able to buy or sell without it. – Revelation 13:16-18
- A one world religion led by the anti-christ’s right hand man, the False Prophet – Revelation 13:11-17
- 144,000 Jewish evangelicals (12,000 from each of the 12 tribes) preaching to the entire world. – Revelation 7:4
- 2 major prophets who will perform miracles and be slaughtered by the anti-christ with their bodies on display for 3 days in the streets but then come back to life and uplifted to heaven.- Revelation 11:3
- Wars and pestilences that will kill over an estimated half of the world’s population. – Revelation
- WWIII at Armageddon and the return of Jesus Christ – Revelation 16:16-17
I started out by showing the incredible odds that Jesus could fulfill 8 prophecies. Those events listed above are only 13 things foretold to happen in the future (remember, for any of these to happen, the Jews HAD to be back in the land of Israel after their 2,000 year diaspora). The Jews returned to Israel after 1/3 were killed by the Nazis and still became a nation in ONE day on May 14, 1948 and Christ said the generation that saw that happen would NOT pass until all His prophecies were fulfilled. Now I know many may look at those 13 event listed above and be scared to death of the worst things to ever happen on earth and which will occur in a very short period of time. For some reason, a weatherman can tell us it is rainy and we will dress accordingly and take an umbrella. Sometimes the weatherman is wrong and it doesn’t rain. But we have enormous proof of the accuracy of Bible prophecy and we should be just as prepared. If I was you, I would not take me up on my bet (unless you want to lose $1!!). For me, knowing all these things as told to me by the Bible and seeing fulfillment every day, I really don’t expect to see any of these events above AFTER the first one, the Rapture. That to me is extremely comforting and I only wish all would take heed of His words and “…comfort one another with these words.”